Melodramatic Starfish [x]
Don’t let the media warp your perception of beauty. Beauty is pizza.
What the fuck.
"Luna had decorated her bedroom ceiling with five beautifully painted faces: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. They were not moving as the portraits at Hogwarts moved, but there was a certain magic about them all the same; Harry thought they breathed. What appeared to be fine golden chains wove around the pictures, linking them together, but after examining them for a minute or so, Harry realized that the chains were actually one word, repeated a thousand times in golden ink: friends…friends…friends…friends… Harry felt a great rush of affection for Luna" — Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
I scrolled down hoping for an explanation and there was none.
International Women’s Day 2014
For more photos and videos from incredible women sharing their stories on Instagram, be sure to follow Michelle Obama (@michelleobama), Stella McCartney (@stellamccartney) Condoleezza Rice (@condoleezzarice), Jenny Jones (@jennyjonessnow) and Laura Mvula (@lauramvula).
On Saturday, men and women around the world celebrate International Women’s Day. An official holiday for many countries, the day has been observed since the 1900s as a chance to celebrate women’s economic, political and social achievements. As a tribute to women everywhere, here are some of the exceptional women using Instagram to document their incredible stories of talent, triumph and humanitarianism:
- Vivienne Harr (@makeastandlemonaid and @standwithme) — After being shown a photo of child workers in Nepal, 10-year-old Vivienne decided to open a lemonade stand to raise funds for child slaves across the world. She raised $100,000, and her family founded a fairtrade lemonade company donating a portion of profits to anti-slavery organizations.
- Lupita Nyong’o (@lupitanyongo) — Winner of best supporting actress for her performance in 12 Years a Slave, Lupita made history by becoming the first woman from Kenya to win an award at the Oscars.
- Dilma Rouseff (@palaciodoplanalto) — The current president of Brazil and first woman to hold office.
- Kathryn Mahoney (@nineteenfiftyone) — Kathryn is an aid worker in Dakar, West Africa, sharing stories from UN refugee camps.
- Mickaela Shiffrin (@mikaelashiffrin) — This Alpine Ski Racer won gold in her second Olympic race, pulling the same feat as Michael Phelps in his first two Olympic Games.
- Laura Boushnak (@lauraboushnak) — A Palestinian photographer based in Sarajevo, Laura is currently working on a project about Arab women’s education.
- Lauren Bush Lauren (@laurenblauren) — Activist working to feed children around the world for @feedprojects.
- Malala Yousafzai (@malalafund) — Sharing a behind-the-scenes view from the fund set up by Malala Yousafzai to help girls go to school and raise their voices for the right to education.
Styles of Famous Artists Reinterpreted as Architecture by Federico Babina
this is the worst fuck up in the history of fuck ups and my aunt drove her van into a house because a leaf hit her windshield
Five hundred pounds of cotton! Day in, day out!